You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to re-add a device i removed on find my iPhone on my iPhone?

I tried to sign in again but it didn't work

Posted on Mar 30, 2017 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2017 6:42 AM

Hi,

From https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-add-or-remove-a-device-from-find-my-iphone/

Adding a Device

• To add an iPhone or iPad to “Find My iPhone” (iCloud), all you have to do is sign in to the iCloud account from your iDevice and enable the switch for feature. Here are the steps:
  • Open Settings
  • Tap on iCloud
  • If you aren't signed in already, type your Apple ID and password (your iCloud credentials basically)
  • Now, turn on the toggle for “Find My iPhone”

That's it. You will be prompted to turn on location services in case that's not active. If you have any restrictions placed on what apps can access location services, you might have to remove them, especially if the restriction is on Find My iPhone. Try checking that from Settings → General → Restrictions → Location Services (under Privacy) for iOS 6 and Settings → Privacy → Location Services (for iOS 7).

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2017 6:42 AM in response to Raghda_t

Hi,

From https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-add-or-remove-a-device-from-find-my-iphone/

Adding a Device

• To add an iPhone or iPad to “Find My iPhone” (iCloud), all you have to do is sign in to the iCloud account from your iDevice and enable the switch for feature. Here are the steps:
  • Open Settings
  • Tap on iCloud
  • If you aren't signed in already, type your Apple ID and password (your iCloud credentials basically)
  • Now, turn on the toggle for “Find My iPhone”

That's it. You will be prompted to turn on location services in case that's not active. If you have any restrictions placed on what apps can access location services, you might have to remove them, especially if the restriction is on Find My iPhone. Try checking that from Settings → General → Restrictions → Location Services (under Privacy) for iOS 6 and Settings → Privacy → Location Services (for iOS 7).

Mar 31, 2017 9:58 AM in response to Raghda_t

When you turned Find my iPhone on again, did that Setting stick? In other words, you you see that the button is green? If so, did you try turning it off, reset the phone and then turn it on again? Did you try signing into iCloud.com on a computer, log into Find my iPhone and see if it shows up that way?

how to re-add a device i removed on find my iPhone on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.