Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough RAM in Adobe Illustrator CC 2017

When I try to open the project i'm working on, it says not enough RAM to open. There is 8 GB on the computer still yet only that one project won't open. I can open other projects I did but I can't open the current project i'm working on. I've tried deleting all the files I didn't need and i tried turning of some preferences. I am very puzzled with this problem. Please help me with this problem.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iMac, Adobe Illustrator CC 2017

Posted on Mar 30, 2017 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2017 12:33 PM

Take a look at Activity Monitor (Applications > Utilities) to see what is using the RAM; I'm no expert, but I know that the latest OS versions will use all the available RAM to make "good use" of it/shifting it around to where it's needed and am guessing that there does not happen to be enough unused RAM when you're trying to do something in that project.

Also helpful might be to download and run this little app - post the entire report here:

http://etrecheck.com

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2017 12:33 PM in response to Konanflower

Take a look at Activity Monitor (Applications > Utilities) to see what is using the RAM; I'm no expert, but I know that the latest OS versions will use all the available RAM to make "good use" of it/shifting it around to where it's needed and am guessing that there does not happen to be enough unused RAM when you're trying to do something in that project.

Also helpful might be to download and run this little app - post the entire report here:

http://etrecheck.com

Apr 3, 2017 12:54 PM in response to Konanflower

Ram and Disk Space are two different things, deleting files will not free up ram, only disk space. Close all open Apps including Adobe Illustrator. Re-Boot your computer. Once re-booted, check to see if you have any Virus Protection software running in the background and/or anything else that might be loading at startup and shut it down. Re-launch Adobe Illustrator.

Keep in mind that all of Adobe's products do not play well with any other software especially when it comes to ram allocation. Adobe basically takes the attitude that if you launched their software, then you must want it to load so it has a habit of grabbing memory and not letting go or sharing with other non Adobe products.

Not enough RAM in Adobe Illustrator CC 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.