Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default ports timed out

I've tried all other solutions for the "Connections to the server p42-imap.mail.me.com on the default ports timed out." on my Mac running 10.12.4. I have mac.com email address. Everything was working fine in Mail.app and this message has been popping up lately. I cannot send email, only receive.

Am I using the iCloud assistant in Internet Accounts or do I need to set up my Mail.app using the manual settings with iCloud servers and port settings?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Mar 30, 2017 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2017 11:55 PM

Read this article : If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

Mail might say that it’s unable to connect because of a problem with the mail server or network. For example, the message might refer to a connection that timed out, or too many simultaneous connections .Also use connection doctor and see what is the status : Use Mail Connection Doctor - Apple Support

And on more step is to find out the port settings : https://www.apple.com/in/support/mail-settings-lookup/

Enter your mail address in the search field .

And if you have trouble in I cloud mail : Get help using iCloud Mail - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2017 11:55 PM in response to sfdma

Read this article : If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

Mail might say that it’s unable to connect because of a problem with the mail server or network. For example, the message might refer to a connection that timed out, or too many simultaneous connections .Also use connection doctor and see what is the status : Use Mail Connection Doctor - Apple Support

And on more step is to find out the port settings : https://www.apple.com/in/support/mail-settings-lookup/

Enter your mail address in the search field .

And if you have trouble in I cloud mail : Get help using iCloud Mail - Apple Support

Default ports timed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.