Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods case lid loose and makes clicking noise

I recently got my AirPods around 3 days ago when I'm posting this and I've noticed that the hinge of the case lid is a little loose, I can move it around and close it without touching it. Something else I've noticed is that when I push on either sides of the case lid it makes a clicking noise.

I don't know if these two problems are normal but I can't really seem to find anything on the internet.

Please help. 😟😕

null-OTHER, AirPods

Posted on Mar 31, 2017 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 11:47 AM

Hey, mine does the same. Seeing all similar replies gives me the impression that this is normal.

6 replies

May 6, 2017 5:50 PM in response to Cosmic Wintry

Being able to close the lid just by light movement is normal.

However, my AirPods case makes that clicking noise as well when lightly pressed back and forth. I'm not sure if that's normal though.

Did you schedule an appointment for the AirPods? If so, what happened?

I would schedule one but I know AirPods are not in stock at the store near me and I don't want to have to wait a month and a half to get a new pair (if this clicking is a problem and a replacement unit is required).

Lemme know.

Jul 22, 2017 8:37 AM in response to Cosmic Wintry

My AirPod case lid does the same thing. I think the extent of the movement from side to side is increasing over time. I compared my AirPod case--which I've had for 4 months--to my wife's case which she's had for 2 weeks, and although there is a little side to side movement with her case lid, it's far less than the movement on mine. That said, everything seems to work just fine.

Mar 31, 2017 7:48 PM in response to Cosmic Wintry

Hello Cosmic Wintry,

Thanks for seeking answers about your AirPods here in the Apple Support Communities. Since you are hearing physical clicking sounds, it would be best to make an appointment and have a certified hardware technician check this out with you. Please use this link to find a location near you: Apple Find Locations .

Thanks and have a great weekend.

AirPods case lid loose and makes clicking noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.