Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instagram login required error code apple watch

User uploaded fileI have an Apple Watch Series 2 and I am unable to login to Instragram on the Apple Watch. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both my phone and my watch twice now. And i get the same error message from the app on my watch. I press feed - then get a login_required message

Apple Watch Series 2(Alum) 42mm (2nd Gen), iOS 10.3

Posted on Mar 31, 2017 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2017 2:18 AM

Hi

It may help to follow the app developer's troubleshooting steps:

If reinstalling the app again, it may help to follow these steps:

• Remove Instagram from your watch:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > scroll down to the list of apps > tap on Instagram > turn off Show App on Apple Watch (allow a short time for the app to be removed).

• Remove Instagram from your iPhone:

Touch and gently hold your finger on the Instagram app icon until the icon jiggles > tap the "X" next to the icon to remove the app > press the Home button.

• On your iPhone, reinstall Instagram from the App Store (which will also ensure that you are using the latest version).
  • Reinstall the app on your watch

Via My Watch > Instagram > turn on Show App on Apple Watch and waiting until the process completes.

• Open the app on your iPhone and sign in.
  • Open the app on your watch.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you contact Instagram for assistance:

https://help.instagram.com/381579045265733

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2017 2:18 AM in response to Erica Krause

Hi

It may help to follow the app developer's troubleshooting steps:

If reinstalling the app again, it may help to follow these steps:

• Remove Instagram from your watch:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > scroll down to the list of apps > tap on Instagram > turn off Show App on Apple Watch (allow a short time for the app to be removed).

• Remove Instagram from your iPhone:

Touch and gently hold your finger on the Instagram app icon until the icon jiggles > tap the "X" next to the icon to remove the app > press the Home button.

• On your iPhone, reinstall Instagram from the App Store (which will also ensure that you are using the latest version).
  • Reinstall the app on your watch

Via My Watch > Instagram > turn on Show App on Apple Watch and waiting until the process completes.

• Open the app on your iPhone and sign in.
  • Open the app on your watch.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you contact Instagram for assistance:

https://help.instagram.com/381579045265733

Instagram login required error code apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.