Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A SOLUTION - TV App not showing all videos

Before I begin, this may not fix all the situations where not all your content is not showing, but it did resolve it for me.

So I found that the 10.3 iOS update made TV much faster, but I was disappointed to find that all of my videos were still not showing. Or so I thought.

It turns out I was not paying enough attention. So here are the steps to see all of my videos:

1. Open the TV app - it opens to Purchased TV Shows and Movies

2. To select your shared Library click on the "Library" pulldown on the top left

3. Now you're looking at your shared library, but only "Recently Added" purchased shows and movies.

4. Here is where I made my mistake. I foolishly thought "Ok, I'm in Recently Added. If I want to see all of my shows I simply hit 'See All' (Top right of the horizontal row of shows). <picture me chuckling as I think back to my naivety in thinking this>

5. When you click "See All" you're not looking at all of your videos, you're looking only at the ones of which you've purchased at least one episode through iTunes. No content (like home movies etc) you've uploaded will show - UNLESS it's in a show you've made a purchase on.

For example, if I recorded and pulled a full season of "Humans" into iTunes from my DVR, it would not show. But if I missed the first episode of it and bought only that episode, a selection for "Humans" would show, and opening it would not only show the first episode bought off iTunes, but all the other episodes I recorded and pulled in. So it appears for this it is only showing shows where you have made at least one purchase.

6. Click on the Back arrow that has "Recently Added" next to it. You're now back to the "Recently Added" purchased items.

7. Now click on the "Shared Library" pull-down in the upper left corner. Herein lies my second mistake. I was thinking that if I clicked any other selection here I would be out of the Shared Library. No. Right now we are in the "Recently added" section, but, as described before, only recently added that you've made at least one purchase on. If I clicked on the "G's iPad" at the bottom, I'm not going back to the videos that reside on the iPad, I'm simply leaving the Shared Libary.

8. To see all of the TV shows in your Shared Libary, click on TV Shows selection. To see all of the movies, click on the Movies selection. Same for Home Movies. Clicking any of those will show you all of the content in your Shared Library, not just the ones in which you've made at least one purchase.

MAC MINI SERVER (LATE 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 31, 2017 2:30 PM

There are no replies.

A SOLUTION - TV App not showing all videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.