Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove two-factor authentication warning

Hello, I would like to remove the two-factor authentication warning, the red icon and the automatic redirect to iCloud section of the system preferences, I have and will not activate this feature, do I have to live with having to go out of iCloud from now on to get into the main system preferences pane?

I know the option is there now to do this, if I ever should want to, why am I forced here?

This is disappointing and sadly the only thing about this update, else I'm pretty satisfied, but this, this is one of those moments when you hate Apple even tho you love Apple. Anything that could help me here is welcome, even if I have to fiddle with system files for this, I just want this not to show and not to send me to iCloud, it can be there in the background and get rusty I don't care but like this really?!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2017 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2017 9:43 PM

Open iCloud Preferences and click Continue. Decline to the request to enable 2FA by selecting "Not Now". That will make it go away.

11 replies

Dec 11, 2017 2:05 PM in response to stevez73

I have the same problem, it just started a few days ago on its own.. Both on my iPhone and iPad, I select not now and an hour later it is back. So annoying. Apple support said do not turn it on as it only causes problems like locking you out of your apple products, some people even lose everything because of it and have to create a whole new apple ID.. I am guessing this is another attempt of Apple to force people to think they need new hardware, they already cause older, like 5 years older, apple products to run dirt slow. There is no doubt this is intentional, thus guaranteeing I will not stay with apple in the future when I do decide to upgrade hardware. Did you ever find a solution to this annoying two factor popup problem?

Dec 12, 2017 4:35 AM in response to 5at0

If you own a mac that is new enough to have the feature too (don't ask me which ones, I only own a 2008 macbook that apple is prohibiting me from updating..) you could try this one I found online and seemed to work for people there.

Find the 2-factor authentication setting -> press turn on -> press cancel

that should make it go away, tried it on my ipad but to no avail..

Remove two-factor authentication warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.