Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MMS messaging off/on button is missing NO MMS!

Screenshot below of the twistedly evil missing MMS off/on button

BEFORE NO MMS Messaging button AFTER with MMS messaging button

User uploaded file

I switched carriers from Straight Talk (AT&T) to Mintsim (T-mobile)

These are both MVNO wholesale carriers so they both come with their challenges in regards to customer DIS-service. When forced to deal with them it is on a level of fingernails to chalkboard, a sharp stick in the eye etc.

When I went to use the MMS feature with my new Mintsim sim card installed MMS did not work . It took days of try and try again torture to arrive at the solution. I googled and searched these forums and there was very little info...however.... one tiny post led me to a solution, at least for me. I've opted to share the solution here for those of you seeking it.

THE PROBLEM:

When you go to send an MMS an error message says you need to turn on MMS....simple enough...except that when you go into settings as instructed there is no MMS off/on button to turn on...WTH?

THE SOLUTION:

1. With the offending sim card inserted, reset your network setting
  2. Once the phone restarts, turn on and connect to your wifi
  3. PRECISELY Re-input the new carriers APN settings..... if possible copy and paste so there is no chance of mis-typing ANYTHING
  4. Turn off your phone
  5. With the phone off remove the sim card
  6. Turn the phone back on without the sim card inserted
  7. Go to setting and to messages...you should now have a MMS off/on button that will already be on. If it's there congratulations, problem solved....now you can re-insert your sim card and all will be good.....If that pesky little MMS off/on button is still not there ...repeat these 7 steps one more time and you might get lucky .....if not go to step 8....
  8. Bummer man! OK .......not fun ....but ....this should fix it if 1 thru 7 didn't.......

UGH! Icloud Restore....UGH!

Sorry if you have to do this, I dodged the bullet on my two phones but based upon what I have uncovered if the MMS off/on button is missing 1 thru 7 will solve it most often, if not # 8 should.....Good luck and all the best to ya!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1, woo hoo!

Posted on Mar 31, 2017 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2017 9:34 PM

You are a wonderful human being! You helped me so much - the MintSim support staff could not solve this issue. I hope you have the best day in the entire universe. Thank you so much!!!!

1 reply

MMS messaging off/on button is missing NO MMS!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.