Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't pair with new Apple Watch

I unpaired my old apple watch generation 0 and try to pair my new red edition Apple Watch with my iPhone but when I started pairing its mentioned update your Apple watch and after I press update now buttom and after short awhile , my watch appear watch OS 1.0.1and your software is up to date and stuck at this step.

So, please kindly help me how , how to finish update and pairing. Thanks

Posted on Apr 1, 2017 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2017 10:55 PM

Hi

First update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS (start by making a backup):

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then pair your Apple Watch, following the remaining instructions here, including ensuring that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi:

Update the software on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2017 10:55 PM in response to Ericsaw

Hi

First update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS (start by making a backup):

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then pair your Apple Watch, following the remaining instructions here, including ensuring that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi:

Update the software on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Can't pair with new Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.