Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store asks me to sign in repeatedly when updating a specific app and won't update it?

My app store on my MacBook Pro will not allow me to update the November 2016 update of iMovie. Every time I try to do so, it just keeps asking me to sign in. I of course do so, but then it just keeps on asking and asking and it never allows me to update it. I don't particularly use iMovie, so this is not a direct issue. However, it's frustrating that the app store will not allow me to update it when it allows me to update everything else! i have tried signing in and out of the app store multiple times to no avail. Has any one else experienced this or can advise on the matter?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), iOS 10.3, null

Posted on Apr 1, 2017 9:28 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2017 9:40 AM in response to tks3298

Hide iMovie in the Trash. Then in the Mac App Store Purchased pane, redownload iMovie. It should give you the latest version. When you have the new iMovie, you are safe to flush the old one away with the rest of the trash.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.12.4;  Watch, 38 mm silver AL, watchOS 3.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 7+, iOS 10.3.1; TV 4th Gen,  Airport Express

App store asks me to sign in repeatedly when updating a specific app and won't update it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.