Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fine tune a grainy LCD display?

Hello

I've one of those grainy matte lcd displays on a macbook pro 15.4" (W86460YGW0L). My problem is that I have difficulties in viewing a sharp image. This problem aggravates for example when using a browser and is less noticeable when using terminal.

I've been messing around with color profiles, font smoothing, lcd light intensity and font size and I've made some improvements but not enough to make the image quality/comfort comparable to my ibook 12" or other notebooks (mainly Asus and IBM thinkpads) from my friends.

The idea of trying to return the notebook doesn't sound very good, because as far as I have read here is not linear that I'll get a better one. What I'm looking for the moment is some advices about fine tuning the lcd and try to achieve a workable lcd.

Is there something that you know about that can share with me?

Thanks

ibook 12", MBP 15.4" Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 29, 2006 2:37 AM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2006 12:54 PM in response to fernandocastro

Hello,

I went through two MBP 15" C2D with the same issue. I had one glossy and one regular matte finish. On the second computer, the store Manager upgraded me to a 17" MBP CD glossy and I have to say that this is a "perfect" computer. I would not buy a 15" MBP C2D until they fix this display issue. If you are within your return period take it back and demand that the fix this problem, even see if they can upgrade you to a better machine. When you spend over $2500.00 on Apples flagship laptop one would expect to have a "perfect" machine.

Good Luck!!

How to fine tune a grainy LCD display?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.