Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

🔋 Apple Pencil Not Charging

if the charge of my apple pencil is completely down, can i use the lightning connector dock of my ipad to charge.I tried, but it does not work

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

null-OTHER

Posted on Apr 3, 2017 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2017 2:31 AM

I had the same problem. The battery of Apple Pencil was drained completely and it was not charging from iPad.

The solution that worked for me is:

1. Go to Settings -> Bluetooth and remove Apple Pencil from the list of paired devices.

2. Plug Apple Pencil to iPad.

3. Wait for the message that asks if you want yo paÅŸr the Pencil and pair two devices.

4. wait for 10 - 15 minutes for the Apple Pencil to charge

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2017 2:31 AM in response to jayramfrommumbai

I had the same problem. The battery of Apple Pencil was drained completely and it was not charging from iPad.

The solution that worked for me is:

1. Go to Settings -> Bluetooth and remove Apple Pencil from the list of paired devices.

2. Plug Apple Pencil to iPad.

3. Wait for the message that asks if you want yo paÅŸr the Pencil and pair two devices.

4. wait for 10 - 15 minutes for the Apple Pencil to charge

Aug 12, 2017 10:22 PM in response to hakandent

I have the exact problem where the pencil won't charge at all showing 3% battery life. I had charged it overnight using an ipad but pencil still will not charging. Strangely when I managed to pair the pencil with the pro with the pencil inserted, the charging status jumps from 3% to 100% within minutes but when you remove the pencil, pairing disconnects. When plugged in again it shows 3% again. Not sure if it is a hardware or software issue but when sent to an Apple Store they too can't figure out and since it was out of warranty had little choice but buy a new pencil. A warning for all users not to leave it uncharged for a long time or else pencil will never charge again.

Nov 7, 2017 11:13 PM in response to Ben64smith

Ever since I got my iPad Pro & Pencil I’ve looked & googled but it’s like no one seems to know that rechargeable batteries don’t last forever. Generally rechargeable batteries like in mobile phones last 2 years then start to be able to hold less and less of a charge. No one on these forums will even mention the possibility that the user may be at that point. Even users who went to the store say the apple geniuses couldn’t figure it out & it was out of warranty so it’s a whodunnit mystery! I guess apple is going to adress it the same way the subject was handled with iPods. Class action law suits. Depending where one is from, they are protected by numerous laws.

Years ago due that very same issue, youtuber Casey Neistat & brother, made an HBO doc filming themselves as they finally found out that they bought a product that after 2 years can no longer hold a charge & is now useless. It took many contacts before they got the truth. Thats when apple (who says they were already workin on this) worked to create the exchange program where one pays like $100 & sends in the phone or iPod. Last I knew they contracted that service out to another company.

As far as I know, nothing exists for the pencil & youtuber techs who’ve disected it, say it’s made in a way thats nearly impossible to open & replace the battery without damaging it. Ive replaced my iphone battery but I hoped that eventually a solution would come by the time mine no longer holds a charge.

🔋 Apple Pencil Not Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.