Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

KVS synchronize with completion handler failed on ios 10.3 update

After updating iPhone 6 to iOS 10.3, I get error message "KVS synchronizeWithCompletionHandler failed" after entering Apple ID as prompted. This step can be skipped, but phone says iCloud services may not be set up completely.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this error?

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 3, 2017 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2017 1:26 PM

Hi Rhonda,

I understand that after updating your iPhone, you've received an error when trying to sign into iCloud. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

When you skip this option, you'll be able to sign in to iCloud again through the settings on your iPhone. For now, I would recommend skipping this step, then when your iPhone is at your Home screen you can open Settings > iCloud and finish the setup there.

If at that point you receive any errors, I would recommend testing this on a different network. If you are not already connected to Wi-Fi, do so under Settings > Wi-Fi and test this out. If you are on Wi-Fi already, then try a new network or try with Wi-Fi disabled.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2017 1:26 PM in response to rhondarogers

Hi Rhonda,

I understand that after updating your iPhone, you've received an error when trying to sign into iCloud. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

When you skip this option, you'll be able to sign in to iCloud again through the settings on your iPhone. For now, I would recommend skipping this step, then when your iPhone is at your Home screen you can open Settings > iCloud and finish the setup there.

If at that point you receive any errors, I would recommend testing this on a different network. If you are not already connected to Wi-Fi, do so under Settings > Wi-Fi and test this out. If you are on Wi-Fi already, then try a new network or try with Wi-Fi disabled.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Apr 7, 2017 7:10 AM in response to Leanne_68

Hi could you be more specific about where in settings to find the icloud bit to sign in after it didn't work because of that Kvs thing please? Mine says my name with Apple ID, icloud, iTunes & App Store at the very top of settings but below that I can't find anywhere that it's listed just on its own & I think going by that that it appears that I AM signed into icloud but I don't know how to be sure??

KVS synchronize with completion handler failed on ios 10.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.