Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 7000 Series ⌚️

What's the 7000 series of Apple Watch is there any difference between the series 1, series 2 and the 7000 series

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 3, 2017 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2017 4:30 PM

Hi

7000 series refers to the aluminium material used in certain Apple Watch models including 1st generation, Series 1 and Series 2 models.

Some differences that you may find helpful to note include:

• Apple Watch (1st generation) models have a single core processor.
  • Newer models - in the Series 1 and Series 2 ranges - have a faster, dual-core processor.
  • Series 2 models also have:
    • A higher level of water resistance.

The watch can be worn, for example, when shallow water swimming and is also more resistant to water than other models during general daily use.

• A brighter display (twice as bright as 1st generation and Series 1 models).
    • Built-in GPS.

This can be used to track workout route maps for certain outdoor workouts when the paired iPhone is not also taken along and can also be used to help locate a lost watch (subject to it being connected to a trusted Wi-Fi network).

• Aluminium models have Ion-X glass (these watches are lighter in weight than stainless steel models of the same case size).
  • Stainless steel watches have a sapphire crystal, which is more scratch resistant than Ion-X glass.

All Apple Watch models are able to run the latest software (watchOS) version. You may find the following resources helpful when choosing an Apple Watch:

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2017 4:30 PM in response to Balamin

Hi

7000 series refers to the aluminium material used in certain Apple Watch models including 1st generation, Series 1 and Series 2 models.

Some differences that you may find helpful to note include:

• Apple Watch (1st generation) models have a single core processor.
  • Newer models - in the Series 1 and Series 2 ranges - have a faster, dual-core processor.
  • Series 2 models also have:
    • A higher level of water resistance.

The watch can be worn, for example, when shallow water swimming and is also more resistant to water than other models during general daily use.

• A brighter display (twice as bright as 1st generation and Series 1 models).
    • Built-in GPS.

This can be used to track workout route maps for certain outdoor workouts when the paired iPhone is not also taken along and can also be used to help locate a lost watch (subject to it being connected to a trusted Wi-Fi network).

• Aluminium models have Ion-X glass (these watches are lighter in weight than stainless steel models of the same case size).
  • Stainless steel watches have a sapphire crystal, which is more scratch resistant than Ion-X glass.

All Apple Watch models are able to run the latest software (watchOS) version. You may find the following resources helpful when choosing an Apple Watch:

Aug 30, 2017 2:55 AM in response to Dntuck

Follow the instructions here to identify the model:

Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

To check the model of an Apple Watch - along with any remaining service and support coverage - you can also enter the serial number here:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

To locate the serial number:

Find the serial number for your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Aug 30, 2017 6:04 AM in response to Jonathan UK

I replied to Dntuck as he and Ginav68 didn't appear to understand your original post (even though it seemed very clear and factual). I was just trying to assure them that the box would detail the version of the watch.

With regard to the term Series 0, whilst it may not be official Apple classification, it is a widely used colloquialism (even on this site).

Aug 30, 2017 6:26 AM in response to Richard Mac User

When discussing Apple Watch models, I suggest that colloquialisms are best avoided, as they can create confusion for buyers and/or sellers (whether of new or pre-owned models).

For example, colloquialisms will not match up to Apple's model identification resources. They may also adversely affect buyer or seller protection (eg on a site such as eBay), as a product description or discussion of a model may be deemed to have been insufficiently accurate and clear.

Aug 30, 2017 6:41 AM in response to Jonathan UK

I don't think calling the original watch series 0 causes confusion. I think the problem was Apple naming later versions Series 1 and Series 2. I see lots of original watches for sale on web sites incorrectly labelled as Series 1. I don´t think all the advertisers are trying to mislead, I think they are confused as logically to them Series 1 would be the first. Any way we can agree to differ and I won´t use the term on this site again.

Aug 30, 2017 9:06 AM in response to Richard Mac User

Oh go ahead and use it, I do and so do several others and none of them seem confused by it. The same problem exists for the iPhone, many people refer to the iPhone 3G as the first generation iPhone when it is actually the second. So many here refer to the first one as the 2G even though it was never called that.

This is a user-to-user technical support site and if the hosts have a problem with references to the "Series 0" they will delete it and send you an email telling you why.

Apple Watch 7000 Series ⌚️

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.