Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 2 activation lock

I am an original iPad 2 owner which I ordered and purchased directly from Apple prior to it's release in 2011. I have faithfully used it until today April 3, 2017 when out of the blue I got the "activation lock" message. Yes I have gone to the internet to see how to fix this problem. Yes I have opened my iTunes account and actually went to the Activation Lock screen for my iPad which shows as a device on my account. The problem is, the email address shown is one that I used at the time of purchase which was my internet provider at the time. Since I subsequently moved to another province in Canada, that email address no longer exists and as a matter of fact that internet provider does not even provide service in my home province. My iPad is currently running iOS 9.3.5

So my question is "How do I re-activate my iPad 2 when the email address and password that show up in the Activation Lock screen no longer exist?"

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Apr 3, 2017 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2017 2:30 PM

It doesn't matter that you no longer use the original email address. That is still the Apple ID being used by your iPad. Enter that original email address and the password you used along with that Apple ID.

4 replies

Apr 4, 2017 2:04 PM in response to mrozee99

mrozee99 wrote:

I am an original iPad 2 owner which I ordered and purchased directly from Apple prior to it's release in 2011. I have faithfully used it until today April 3, 2017 when out of the blue I got the "activation lock" message. Yes I have gone to the internet to see how to fix this problem. Yes I have opened my iTunes account and actually went to the Activation Lock screen for my iPad which shows as a device on my account. The problem is, the email address shown is one that I used at the time of purchase which was my internet provider at the time. Since I subsequently moved to another province in Canada, that email address no longer exists and as a matter of fact that internet provider does not even provide service in my home province. My iPad is currently running iOS 9.3.5

So my question is "How do I re-activate my iPad 2 when the email address and password that show up in the Activation Lock screen no longer exist?"

what happens when you enter that information?

Nov 13, 2017 4:46 PM in response to razmee209

I am also having this same exact problem. Who remembers an old email address or password from 12 years ago that you never use? I tried everything you tried and Nothing!! I was using my iPad one minute and the next I am locked out. I was taking pictures and when I went to sign on again I was at the very beginning when you first activate the iPad - the Hello screen in different languages, then I sign in with my Pin, and from there it goes to the Activation Lock screen.

Has anyone figured this out? Please help. I am open to any suggestions.

ipad 2 activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.