Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad 4 stucks on red battery symbol and the apple logo when charging

I have had my ipad turning off automatically because of running out of battery for about 1 week. I cant turn it on so i plug it for charging with the genuine charger and cable. But i see that it keeps on displaying the red battery symbol, then the apple logo and then turning off. This situation continuously happens although i had charged my ipad over 6 hours. And when i unplug the cable, the ipad turns off immediately. So do you have any solution for this? Thank for reading.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 3, 2017 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2017 7:14 AM

Hello maxumoto,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your iPad won't successfully charge or start up. I know power issues can be very concerning, especially since you're unable to use the device. I'm happy to help.

The following link provides steps and information for charging issues. Please review and try the recommended steps.
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge

If you're able to charge the iPad but it still wont start up, try the steps in the link below:
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Have an amazing day!
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2017 7:14 AM in response to maxumoto

Hello maxumoto,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your iPad won't successfully charge or start up. I know power issues can be very concerning, especially since you're unable to use the device. I'm happy to help.

The following link provides steps and information for charging issues. Please review and try the recommended steps.
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge

If you're able to charge the iPad but it still wont start up, try the steps in the link below:
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Have an amazing day!

Apr 5, 2017 9:56 AM in response to Leanne_68

Dear,

Thank for your help. I have charged my iPad 4 with the steps you gave for about 2 hours but it still won't turn on. It keeps on displaying the red battery symbol, then the apple logo and then it turns off and restarts those things. And when i unplug the cable, it turns off immediately and cannot turn on.

I also connect my iPad to a pc but it keeps on flashing the red battery symbol. I also press both power and home buttons to turn into recovering mode but iTunes cannot restore the iPad, it keeps on processing for about 15 minutes.

So is there anything else that i could do with my iPad? Thank you so much.

My ipad 4 stucks on red battery symbol and the apple logo when charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.