Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Conditional Highlighting Duplicate Values

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use conditional highlighting in Numbers to highlight duplicate values in a column? For example, in Column "A" i may have 3000 entries and need to easily identify any duplicate values - can I use conditional highlighting to change the fill colour of the cells that are duplicates? I know this functionality is available in Excel, but was hoping to be able to use Numbers instead.

Cheers.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Apr 4, 2017 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2017 4:24 PM

Conditional Highlighting won't do this in Numbers.

However, this Flag Duplicates Automator Service (Dropbox download) makes it easy to identify duplicates.

To install in your Numbers > Services menu, just double-click downloaded .workflow package. (And, if necessary, give permission at System Preferences > Security & Privacy and make sure 'Automator.app' is checked at System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility).

Thereafter, to use just select the cells that you want to check for duplicates, and choose 'Flag Duplicates' from the Numbers > Services menu.

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2017 4:24 PM in response to ajleske

Conditional Highlighting won't do this in Numbers.

However, this Flag Duplicates Automator Service (Dropbox download) makes it easy to identify duplicates.

To install in your Numbers > Services menu, just double-click downloaded .workflow package. (And, if necessary, give permission at System Preferences > Security & Privacy and make sure 'Automator.app' is checked at System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility).

Thereafter, to use just select the cells that you want to check for duplicates, and choose 'Flag Duplicates' from the Numbers > Services menu.

SG

Conditional Highlighting Duplicate Values

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.