Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork discontinued on El Capitan??

Hey folks,

iWork started informing me that there is a new version of Numbers available ... but checking out the App Store tells me, that I have to update to macOS Sierra first.

Is Apple serious? Is there anything I can do? Updating to Sierra is no option for me (incompatible hardware, no drivers available)

I am unable to open a Numbers document I edited on a different computer (with macOS Sierra) on El Capitan now. This can't be real, can it? 😀 I am so angry!

Posted on Apr 5, 2017 12:48 AM

4 replies

Apr 5, 2017 2:31 AM in response to b0nz1l

Hi b0nz1l,

We don't know what versions of Numbers.

Assuming Numbers '09 (El Capitan) and either Numbers 3 or Numbers 4 (Sierra), try this.

• On your Sierra computer, open the Numbers document;
  • Menu > File > Export To > Numbers '09;
  • Save with a distinctive name;
  • Transfer the Numbers '09 document to your El Capitan computer (copy to a USB stick or email it to yourself);
  • Right click (or control click) on the document and "Open With" Numbers '09;

More information will help us to help you 😉.

Regards,

Ian.

Apr 5, 2017 3:10 AM in response to Yellowbox

Hi Ian,

since I am sharing a document between computers (El Capitan and Sierra) using iCloud drive, this is not a solution for me. When opening the '09 document on El Capitan, Numbers forces me to update the file format. Same does Numbers on macOS Sierra. So I guess, Apple just doesn't care about El Capitan users.

iWork discontinued on El Capitan??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.