Question:

Question: AirPods: left side louder than right.

When I listening to my AirPods it sounds like my right AirPod is slightly louder than the left. I even replaced the left one on an Apple Store, but still having the same issue. Unpair/Pair was another try.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks!!

AIRPODS

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Aug 31, 2017 1:40 PM in response to paulosoaresf In response to paulosoaresf

Hello,

I just read something weird on another website but strangely, it worked!!!

😮

Try to "suck" the biggest speaker on the airpod that you don't ear as well with and wipe it after. It was earwax that was stuck... Airpod is as loud as the other one now.

😉

Good Luck !!!

MC

Sep 21, 2017 3:28 AM in response to Marie-Claude Leblanc In response to Marie-Claude Leblanc

I know this sounds unlikely, but give this a go. I can tentatively confirm it works. My right bud was considerably quieter than the left. I sucked until I could feel air flowing through the smaller speaker, and sure enough, they had the same volume. Thankfully I didn’t inhale any wax. 😁

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sep 25, 2017 9:47 PM in response to Marie-Claude Leblanc In response to Marie-Claude Leblanc

Somehow that worked so wild ..kinda weird the smallest thing like that makes the biggest thing

what great little trick thank you so much...that was awesome I laughed when I read it but thought um ok I’ll try it and was totally blown away...thanks again your awesome...

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Apr 5, 2017 4:53 PM in response to paulosoaresf In response to paulosoaresf

Hi

It may help to check your settings:

Go to: Settings > General > Accessibility > under "Hearing", check and, if required, adjust the audio volume balance slider between the left and right channels.

Apr 5, 2017 4:53 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

Apr 9, 2017 12:04 PM in response to paulosoaresf In response to paulosoaresf

I had the same issue with the right. Took it to the Apple Store and they replaced it. It happened after I gently tried to remove some wax buildup from the screen (a normal action that an owner of these would have to do). Now I tried to gently clean the left one with a toothpick and microfiber cloth and now the left output isn't as high as the right.

Starting to believe this is a design flaw. No guidance from Apple on how to properly clean the screen without output being lowered after cleaning.

Apr 9, 2017 12:04 PM

Reply Helpful

May 21, 2017 7:42 PM in response to zigi wigi In response to zigi wigi

This is risky but while holding the airpod with the screen facing down so no liquid can enter the airpod, take a qtip with a little rubbing alcohol on it and gently rub the screen. Dry with microfiber cloth while the screen still faces the ground. Keep the screen facing the ground until you are 100% sure it is dry.

May 21, 2017 7:42 PM

Reply Helpful

Aug 31, 2017 1:40 PM in response to paulosoaresf In response to paulosoaresf

Hello,

I just read something weird on another website but strangely, it worked!!!

😮

Try to "suck" the biggest speaker on the airpod that you don't ear as well with and wipe it after. It was earwax that was stuck... Airpod is as loud as the other one now.

😉

Good Luck !!!

MC

Aug 31, 2017 1:40 PM

Reply Helpful (77)

Sep 21, 2017 3:28 AM in response to Marie-Claude Leblanc In response to Marie-Claude Leblanc

I know this sounds unlikely, but give this a go. I can tentatively confirm it works. My right bud was considerably quieter than the left. I sucked until I could feel air flowing through the smaller speaker, and sure enough, they had the same volume. Thankfully I didn’t inhale any wax. 😁

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sep 21, 2017 3:28 AM

Reply Helpful (12)

Sep 25, 2017 9:47 PM in response to Marie-Claude Leblanc In response to Marie-Claude Leblanc

Somehow that worked so wild ..kinda weird the smallest thing like that makes the biggest thing

what great little trick thank you so much...that was awesome I laughed when I read it but thought um ok I’ll try it and was totally blown away...thanks again your awesome...

Sep 25, 2017 9:47 PM

Reply Helpful (5)
User profile for user: paulosoaresf

Question: AirPods: left side louder than right.