Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to login to iTunes Store on Windows 7 after ios update

I am having great problems with iTunes since the last update 10.3.1. This is on a Windows PC running Windows 7 64bit.

I cannot login to the store as it tells me verification has failed as it cannot reach the Apple ID Server. At the same time I am able to login to iCloud on the same computer.

I have tried everything that I can find to rectify it.

I have checked the Date, Time and Time Zone - all correct - still doesn't work.

I have checked that the computer is connected to the internet (it can connect to iCloud) - still doesn't work.

I have ensured that the operating system is fully updated - still doesn't work.

I have uninstalled and re-insstalled iTunes following the precise instructions for removal on here - still doesn't work.

Windows Firewall and have been turned off as has Microsoft Essentials - still doesn't work. (they have been turned back on)

I don't use proxy settings

Any advice would be helpful. I am at my wits end with this.

IOS in use: 10.3.1

ITUNES in use: 12.1.3.6

OS for laptop: windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 6, 2017 6:08 AM

4 replies

Apr 6, 2017 7:00 AM in response to k_das

You may want to install a version of iTunes that will actually support iOS 10.3.1. Since iOS 10.2 required a minimum of iTunes version 12.5.5.5, you might want to start there. And, users have had issues with being able to login to the Store on version 12.6.0.95 and 12.6.0.100 so you may want to avoid those versions until you have your current issue sorted out.

I am unable to login to iTunes Store on Windows 7 after ios update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.