Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Calendar misbehaving with 10.3.1

WIth 10.3.1 I find I have two unexpected (undesired) calendar behaviors. N.b., my Calendar is synced through iCloud.

(1) A new calendar is added, named "Untitled calendar (subscribed)”, which duplicates the information in "U.S. Holidays (subscribed)”.

(2) Birthdays (from my Contacts, also iCloud-synced) no longer appear as white lines with birthday-gift icons. Now they are all-day events with ugly gray backgrounds. (An uneditable color, of course: no "information" selector).

IS this just my iPad mini 2. Or is it not a bug but a feature?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Apr 6, 2017 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2017 10:47 AM

Hello F J Poblam,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that after updating your iPad mini 2 to iOS 10.3.1 that a new calendar named "Untitled calendar (subscribed)" duplicated the "U.S. Holidays (subscribed)” calendar and the appearance of the Birthdays has changed. The information provided in the following article may help to resolve this type of issue:

iCloud: Advanced Calendar and iCal troubleshooting - Apple Support
Best Regards.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2017 10:47 AM in response to F J Poblam

Hello F J Poblam,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that after updating your iPad mini 2 to iOS 10.3.1 that a new calendar named "Untitled calendar (subscribed)" duplicated the "U.S. Holidays (subscribed)” calendar and the appearance of the Birthdays has changed. The information provided in the following article may help to resolve this type of issue:

iCloud: Advanced Calendar and iCal troubleshooting - Apple Support
Best Regards.

Apr 7, 2017 1:42 PM in response to sterling r

Thank you for your response. I went to the article you suggested. For the purpose of my troubleshooting, I ignored the troublesome statement therein, to wit:

This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple

I followed the steps suggested. Once I reconnected to iCloud to repopulate the Calendar, I saw that the problem was *not* resolved. It is to be noted that (1) as suggested as a possibility in the article, there are *no* other accounts linked to the Calendar, and (2) no Calendar data stored locally on the iPad. It is also to be noted that this symptom does not appear on the Calendars app on my MacBookPro (MacOS, latest version).

Still at wit's end.

iOS Calendar misbehaving with 10.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.