Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi locking SystemUiServer

Wen I my mac is searching for an wifi and I click in the icon (to see the available wifi) the SystemUiServer get locked and I'm unable to connect to a wifi or to use the bluetooth until I restart my mac.

It started after the last update (10.12.4)

I am using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Apr 7, 2017 7:19 PM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2017 2:46 PM in response to fernandogot

Hello fernandogot,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help connecting to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Since you have to restart the Mac to get it working again, let's check some troubleshooting with your startup disk, and your main administrator account.

I first recommend testing this in safe mode, a step which may resolve the issue if it is related to the startup disk, but if it does not, it will help us greatly isolate the cause of the issue by letting us know if the issue is related to a startup item, third party plugins, caches, fonts, or kext files. All of those items are disabled in safe mode. Use this article for the steps to get into safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac . Once inside safe mode, log in to your account and check if the issue is also occurring in safe mode or not. If everything is working properly in safe mode, but then is not working after you restart the Mac, please check the section titled "If an issue doesn't happen in safe mode" for the next troubleshooting steps.

If the issue is also occurring in safe mode, we need to see if this problem occurs in a test user, which will let us know if the issue is isolated to your account, or system wide. Please create a new, unmodified test administrator user from the steps in this help article: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac . Once you are done testing, please check the section in the article corresponding to the results you received, which are titled "If the issue happens in the other account” OR "If the issue doesn't happen in the other account”.

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

Wifi locking SystemUiServer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.