Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime not letting me accept phone call

Hi, I bought my Mum a new 6s iPhone. It is running the latest software. When I went to show her how to use FaceTime (I called her from my phone using video call), she could not accept the call. The accept button was merged with the reject button and so when she pressed accept, it immediately ended the call upon answering. This didn't happen when I did a simple FaceTime audio call. So far I haven't been able to find why this happening.

I've attached a screen shot of the call.

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 8, 2017 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2017 5:27 AM

Greetings, tiahn.
It appears that, when you call your mother using FaceTime, it wants her to end a previous FaceTime call in order to answer yours. Apparently, this doesn't happen when you try a simple voice call. I'll be happy to help.
Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close FaceTime if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Once the iPhone has returned to the Home screen, test the issue again.​
Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device with iOS 10 -- If restarting the phone didn't resolve the issue, follow the directions here to remove then restore the FaceTime application on her device.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2017 5:27 AM in response to tiahn

Greetings, tiahn.
It appears that, when you call your mother using FaceTime, it wants her to end a previous FaceTime call in order to answer yours. Apparently, this doesn't happen when you try a simple voice call. I'll be happy to help.
Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close FaceTime if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Once the iPhone has returned to the Home screen, test the issue again.​
Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device with iOS 10 -- If restarting the phone didn't resolve the issue, follow the directions here to remove then restore the FaceTime application on her device.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

FaceTime not letting me accept phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.