Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get the mac address from my apple tv4 I need it to complete setup to get wifi, unable to get to settings with out wifi

How do I get the mac address off my apple tv to complete set up, I cant get wifi without it as I need to register my apple tv to get wifi

null-OTHER

Posted on Apr 8, 2017 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2017 4:14 AM

You don't say what model you have. On an ATV4 go to Settings>Network, select WiFi in the menu at the top of the list, and at the bottom of the list you should see 'Wi-Fi MAC address'. The earlier models may be similar.

7 replies

Apr 9, 2017 10:22 AM in response to Diana.McCall

The first step in setting up this atv4 is getting it connected with wifi, but my wifi provider asks for the mac address, in order for me to get to the apple tv setting I need wifi. As I have read Apple did at one point have the mac address on the box but have discontinued doing it. All I can think to do is take it to a friends place and try and hook it up with a different wifi, just cant seem to find how to get this mac address

Apr 9, 2017 11:05 AM in response to Carollee1

It's quite irresponsible of Apple not to include the MAC address on the box or in the documentation, for precisely the reason you describe. Normally this arises when you've set up Access Control on your router, in which case you can turn it off to get the ATV connected and then turn it back on. In your situation taking it to a friend's is really your only option. There's no problem about doing this and then changing it to your own wifi once it's enabled.

how do I get the mac address from my apple tv4 I need it to complete setup to get wifi, unable to get to settings with out wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.