Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

invalid credit card security code but it's right

I verify to turn on two faction authentication, it keeps saying invalid credit card security code but it's the right one. I try to delete my credit card and enter again two times. Be charged 0.6$/each times. Nothing worked.

How can I fix it or I should wait for the next update to try again?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 9, 2017 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:39 PM

So the problem ended up being that I had a pending charge on a family account and iTunes wouldn't allow me to enter in my credit card information until that charge was cleared. But I couldn't enter my credit card information to clear the charge...

User uploaded file

So I called Apple Support and they had me purchase a gift card. I applied that gift card to my iTunes account and now I can update my credit card. This is really dumb. You should make this better.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 4:39 PM in response to prestoncrawford

So the problem ended up being that I had a pending charge on a family account and iTunes wouldn't allow me to enter in my credit card information until that charge was cleared. But I couldn't enter my credit card information to clear the charge...

User uploaded file

So I called Apple Support and they had me purchase a gift card. I applied that gift card to my iTunes account and now I can update my credit card. This is really dumb. You should make this better.

Dec 13, 2017 10:49 AM in response to chinpunchan

This is literally insane. Apple has had declining standards in design and software quality for quite some time, but this one really takes the cake.

I faced this problem and it was infuriating. Tried to fix it on my iPhone and it kept saying it didn't work even though it was 100% the right security code. Once I got to work I tried to fix it in my iCloud account here. https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage

This resulted in the same thing, but. Then, for some reason, I decided to try changing my Apple Store account, to see if it was different. It was. Different address, different cards. I changed it here - https://secure1.store.apple.com/shop/account/setup - and it worked.

Everything seems fine now. This is crazy. Please fix this. You have $100 billion dollars in the bank. Please fix this. This is trash.

invalid credit card security code but it's right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.