Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add a live photo into Keynote?

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro Retina 13" mid-2014 with Mac OSX Sierra (10.12.4), Apple Keynote (7.1) and iPhone 6s Plus (iOS 10.3.1).

I'd like to insert into a Keynote presentation a Live Photo made with my iPhone but I only get the stable image, without the motion effect and the sound.

Is it possible to do it in a direct way or have I to convert the live photo into a video (how?)?

Greetings,

Marco

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), macOS Sierra (10.12.4), + iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2017 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2017 1:04 AM

Not possible in Keynote, there are very few applications that can use a Live Photo file on the Mac as it is such a unique filetype which incorporates a still image file and a Quicktime movie file in a single wrapper

If you want a moving image, shoot video.

3 replies

How can I add a live photo into Keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.