Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My volume is going up by itself

My volume keeps going up all the time. It started yesterday, I was using my headphones and i pressed the button a few times.

Now it goes up by itself all the time. I restarted my phone many times and it keeps going up, even after I turn it down.

What can I do?? I'm desperate!!!

iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2017 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2017 3:31 PM

Hi luisalara!

I understand that the volume controls on your iPhone are not working properly, and I'm happy to help. You can follow these instructions, and contact Apple Support if you still need assistance.

If the volume buttons, Ring/Silent switch, or Side Switch doesn't work

On an iPhone, the volume buttons and Ring/Silent switch are on the left side of the device. The buttons on other iPhone models are similar. On an iPad, the volume buttons and Side Switch are on the right side of the device.
If any of these buttons or switches don't work, follow these steps. After each step, see if you still need help:
Unlock your device. Some buttons don't work from the Lock screen.
Check for debris or dirt around the button or switch and clean with a soft cloth.
Remove all protective films and cases that might interfere with the button or switch.

Get help with buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2017 3:31 PM in response to luisalara

Hi luisalara!

I understand that the volume controls on your iPhone are not working properly, and I'm happy to help. You can follow these instructions, and contact Apple Support if you still need assistance.

If the volume buttons, Ring/Silent switch, or Side Switch doesn't work

On an iPhone, the volume buttons and Ring/Silent switch are on the left side of the device. The buttons on other iPhone models are similar. On an iPad, the volume buttons and Side Switch are on the right side of the device.
If any of these buttons or switches don't work, follow these steps. After each step, see if you still need help:
Unlock your device. Some buttons don't work from the Lock screen.
Check for debris or dirt around the button or switch and clean with a soft cloth.
Remove all protective films and cases that might interfere with the button or switch.

Get help with buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

My volume is going up by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.