Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect a wifi printer to iPhone and MacBook

How do I get my new hp wireless printer set up on my iPhone and MacBook?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 10, 2017 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2017 3:00 PM

You don't need to set it up on the iPhone. Once you install the software on the Mac and connect the printer to your home WiFi network, the phone and the Mac should see the printer. Read the documentation that came with the printer for the installation instructions.

When you want to print something from the phone, tapping the share icon should result in a window like this from which you will select the printer.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2017 3:00 PM in response to Macsananddad

You don't need to set it up on the iPhone. Once you install the software on the Mac and connect the printer to your home WiFi network, the phone and the Mac should see the printer. Read the documentation that came with the printer for the installation instructions.

When you want to print something from the phone, tapping the share icon should result in a window like this from which you will select the printer.

User uploaded file

How do I connect a wifi printer to iPhone and MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.