Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my order being shipped from China

I ordered from Apple directly. My item is being shipped from China????

Posted on Apr 10, 2017 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2017 3:28 PM

Because most Apple products are Assembled in, and shipped from China.

Most Apple products carry a label to that effect:

Some interesting reading:

https://www.engadget.com/2012/01/22/why-apples-products-are-designed-in-californ ia-but-assembled/

3 replies

Apr 10, 2017 6:51 PM in response to efouse09

Apple has used Chinese contractors to actually assemble their devices for many years now. Foxconn is the primary contractor for iPhones. Interestingly, many other name brand companies contract their devices with many of these same companies. China is the electronics device manufacturing hub of the world these days. Very few name brand consumer electronics companies actually make or assemble the products they develop, engineer and sell.

Reportedly, Foxconn and Apple may partner to build a display/screen development and manufacturing center in the USA, and Apple is supposedly building a plant in India (to make what I have not read yet). But Apple has not had much of a big stake in the physical plants and companies that make its products since the 1990s.

Why is my order being shipped from China

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.