Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone print preview turns black and white.

Hi AppleSupport,

In the latest iphone with ios.10.2.1 I am trying to print an image.

When i select my printer the preview turns from color to black and white.

can you please mention the settings which will show the preview again in color.

Regards

Guru

Posted on Apr 10, 2017 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2017 9:36 PM

HI Jameson,

thanks for the reply.

I have a 10.2.1 ios and its update to latest version. The printer is also updated to its latest firmware. There are no more upgrades available.

the printer is connected by wifi and I am connecting to print using airprint over wifi network.

Regards

Gurudatha.

5 replies

Apr 12, 2017 7:12 AM in response to Gurudatha

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Gurudatha.
If I understand your post correctly, the preview turns to black and white once you've selected your printer from your iPhone. I'm happy to help.
Try these steps:

Get help if you can't print to your AirPrint Printer

Check these things if you see the message "No AirPrint Printers Found” or have issues printing:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, check that your device has the latest version of iOS and that the app you're printing from is up to date.
  • Check with your printer's manufacturer to see if any firmware updates are available for your printer model.
  • Connect your AirPrint printer to your network using a Wi-Fi network or Ethernet connection. AirPrint devices connected to the USB port of an Apple AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule, or to your computer using Bluetooth connection, can’t use AirPrint.
  • After you turn on your printer, wait a few minutes before you try to print. Some printers might take a minute or two after powering on before joining your network.

For more information, see the full article here: Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Apr 19, 2017 6:24 AM in response to Gurudatha

Hi ​Gurudatha.

The current iOS version is iOS 10.3.1. You can update like this:

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are still experiencing an issue with AirPrint, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support. You can do that here:

Contact Apple for support and service
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a great day.

Apr 17, 2017 3:24 AM in response to Teddy_B

Hi Jameson,

I see that older ipad 2 running as client send out only one ipp request to my printer compared to 10.2.1 iphone. my Iphone sends out 2 requests. Iphone sends out additional request for "media-col-database" field. My printer doesnot know about this. Will it be a reason for the greying out the photo in preview.

Thanks for the help again.

Regards

Gurudatha.

Iphone print preview turns black and white.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.