Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When using YouTube on Safari whenever I press the previous page button it skips the last page I was on?

That's as simple as I can make it.. And it's becoming very frustrating as when I'm simply browsing through videos or just opened YouTube I'll press the back button and be taken back to the new tab page instead of the YouTube home screen. I've looked around for solutions for awhile to no avail so I'm forced to post on here.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? The obvious solution would be to switch to another browser like Chrome.. But they are nowhere near as energy efficient on Macs as Safari is.

Thanks for any help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Apr 11, 2017 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2017 5:44 AM

Found out that the problem was AdBlock Plus.

Disable or uninstall AdBlock Plus from Extensions

(Safari - Preferences - Extensions)

5 replies

Apr 11, 2017 5:21 PM in response to JammyHolt

"it skips the last page I was on?"

It might just be a cookie issue.

Go to your Safari menu bar, click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Manage Website Data. It may take a minute or two for cookies to populate then click Remove All.

Then go to your Safari menu bar again, click History > Clear History

Quit then relaunch Safari then try YouTube.

Apr 12, 2017 1:25 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hello, thank you for your reply.

So initially your solution worked.. I tried it last night and once I cleared cookies it stopped missing out a page when going back.

However I've just tested it again tonight and it had the same issue again?

Also for some reason when clearing my cookies, theres about 30 entries that won't disappear off of the list when I click remove all, do you know why this might be?

Apr 12, 2017 2:38 PM in response to JammyHolt

Safari/Browsers – can’t delete cookies

Evercookie

Quit Safari.

In Finder go to Go menu and then Go to Folder.

Copy and paste this ~/Library/Safari/Databases.

Delete the contents of the folder.

Launch Safari again and check if all is ok.

If that doesn’t work, copy and paste this ~/Library/Safari/Local Storage.

Delete the contents of the folder.

Test.

Jun 16, 2017 1:43 AM in response to JammyHolt

Having the same problem with Safari since the latest update (10.12.5) on my rMBP and iMac. As far as i know, this "bug" is only affecting Youtube website. Sometimes the previous page button skips to the Home Page and sometimes is disabled.

- Erasing cookies fixed it, but only temporarily.

- Deleted the LocalStorage and Databases and the problem persist.

When using YouTube on Safari whenever I press the previous page button it skips the last page I was on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.