Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

14 hours to FILL up an 80GB iPod?!?

352 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2006 9:33 AM by liquidmice RSS
liquidmice Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 29, 2006 5:33 PM
Received an 80GB iPod Video for X-mas and am in the process of fillin it up. I created a playlist, selected about 73GB of music to dump to the iPod, and let iTunes work its magic. 3 hours later, it had only managed to transfer about 18GB of music! Ouch. Now, I know that iTunes/ipod is creating its own directory structure and I DO have album art selected to sync as well, but that seemed a bit slow to me. So, I ejected the iPod, tried another USB port, and started again. It seems to be averaging about 1GB /11 minutes. At this rate, it will take about 14hours to fill the ipod?!?!? Yikes!

Anyone have an answer? Does the album art sync add a lot of time to the process? Does the iPod just contain a slower drive?

System details:
Precision 650: Dual P4 Xeons@ 2.80Ghz
2GB of RAM.
XP Pro SP2
The music is transfering from a 7200RPM Seagate HDD via IDE.
USB 2.0 Connection

~( ):>
iMac 233MhZ Biondi blue 96MB of RAM, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.