Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

14 hours to FILL up an 80GB iPod?!?

Received an 80GB iPod Video for X-mas and am in the process of fillin it up. I created a playlist, selected about 73GB of music to dump to the iPod, and let iTunes work its magic. 3 hours later, it had only managed to transfer about 18GB of music! Ouch. Now, I know that iTunes/ipod is creating its own directory structure and I DO have album art selected to sync as well, but that seemed a bit slow to me. So, I ejected the iPod, tried another USB port, and started again. It seems to be averaging about 1GB /11 minutes. At this rate, it will take about 14hours to fill the ipod?!?!? Yikes!

Anyone have an answer? Does the album art sync add a lot of time to the process? Does the iPod just contain a slower drive?

System details:
Precision 650: Dual P4 Xeons@ 2.80Ghz
2GB of RAM.
XP Pro SP2
The music is transfering from a 7200RPM Seagate HDD via IDE.
USB 2.0 Connection

~( ):>

iMac 233MhZ Biondi blue 96MB of RAM, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Dec 29, 2006 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2006 5:37 PM

Sounds like USB2 speeds. Are ALL your ports USB2 or are some USB1.1 and perhaps you are using those?
Patrick
4 replies

14 hours to FILL up an 80GB iPod?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.