Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 stuck updating icloud settings during 10.3.1 install

I attempted to update my iPad to 10.3.1. It comes on, connects to my wifi, and then asks me to log on to icloud. I enter my password and it gets stuck at "updating icloud settings." I restart and attempt to bypass logging on to icloud and still it gets stuck at "updating icloud settings." I tried logging on to my icloud account from my MBP and deleted the iPad from my connected devices; still when I restart I get stuck at the same place. I've tried a hard restart with the home and power buttons. I've tried just powering down with the power button. I've tried it all. I just can't get past that screen.

Help!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2017 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2017 11:06 AM

Next possible step -- Contact - Official Apple Support

7 replies

Apr 12, 2017 8:33 AM in response to zinacef

I can't even get to a screen to reset the network. It just goes lock screen>choose wifi network>sign in to icloud>never-ending spinning circle attempting to update icloud settings. There is no ability on the choose wifi network to reset/amend/change. I've tried plugging the iPad into my MBP and tried to recover/reinstall the update, and still get stuck after entering my iCloud password.

Jun 4, 2017 12:21 PM in response to nycbiscuit

Seems guys I've beat it.

I don't know exactly how, I'll just describe what I did with it.

First I took this device to another apartment, with all the Wi-Fi networks were unknown for it. After turning it on I rejected to connect it to any wireless network, so instead of get familiar spinning gear (or flower, if you feel romantic) I got soon my dashboard.

Then I immediately went to Settings, Settings asked me for "Agree with new conditions?" or something like that by showing me red "1" near my name in upper left corner, I tapped there, it was no dialog, no sub-menus, only spinning gear and periodically iCloud password requests totally ignored by me, I just pressed Cancel many times.

In couple of minutes red "1" disappeared. I went back to the dashboard and only then I connected iPad to the wireless net. IPad began updating apps. Next I finally entered iCloud password manually in Settings.

Summing up I have no idea what is the reason that prevent iPad loading dashboard. I guess here is some conflict on early stage iOS authorize on Apple servers before new EULA acceptance, may be I'm wrong.

Anyway now my iPad 4 is alive!

Hope it will help someone.

Cheers,

iPad 2 stuck updating icloud settings during 10.3.1 install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.