Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add my podcast transcripts through PDF files alongside my iTunes podcasts?

How can I upload the transcript of my iTunes podcasts through PDF files alongside the respective podcasts? I will appreciate you help.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 12, 2017 1:05 PM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2017 1:57 PM in response to benjh2050

PDFs are in fact acceptable media files, so you could create separate episodes containing one in each case. However this may not be all that convenient; the problem is that if you post both the audio and PDF episodes together, subscribers will have only the most recently uploaded one automatically downloaded. The other will appear but have to manually downloaded. You would need to include an announcement point this out, and you should upload the episode with the PDF file first.

Another option is to include a direct link to the PDF for an episode in the 'link' tag for that episode. This will appear in the Store page as the 'Website' link on the left. However this won't appear for subscribers.

Another would be to upload the PDF files to your server, giving them as short a URL as possible (or using an URL shortener such as bit.ly) and reading out the URL at the beginning of the episode.

None of these options is entirely satisfactory; probably the first one is preferable.

If you wish to make an episode with a PDF file the format of the 'enclosure' tag is

<enclosure url="THE FULL URL OF THE PDF FILE FOR THE EPISODE" length="FILE SIZE IN BYTES" type="application/pdf" />

How can I add my podcast transcripts through PDF files alongside my iTunes podcasts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.