Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I add a group to contacts

I tried to add a group to my contacts following directions online. I went to iCloud in settings and tried to select the contact button, to no avail. There was not a + sign on that screen to make a choice. It used to be so simple to do before all the many updates. Appreciate any help you can give me.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2017 8:18 PM

11 replies

Apr 13, 2017 10:41 AM in response to Chico Jo

Jo,

You only have those three choices because you are attempting to access iCloud.com using a mobile device. The image which I posted is only available using a computer with a compatible web browser, or a mobile device with a larger screen size.

You can force the mobile device to use the desktop site, but it is not worth trying on an iPhone screen. I tried the Desktop Option on my iPad, and the group option is visible on an iPad screen. To access a Desktop Site using a mobile browser, you can touch and hold the reload arrow in the URL field which will present "Request Desktop Site" for selection.

User uploaded file

Apr 13, 2017 2:04 PM in response to Ferd II

Ferd II wrote:

Jo,

You only have those three choices because you are attempting to access iCloud.com using a mobile device. The image which I posted is only available using a computer with a compatible web browser, or a mobile device with a larger screen size.

You can force the mobile device to use the desktop site, but it is not worth trying on an iPhone screen. I tried the Desktop Option on my iPad, and the group option is visible on an iPad screen. To access a Desktop Site using a mobile browser, you can touch and hold the reload arrow in the URL field which will present "Request Desktop Site" for selection.

User uploaded file

Doesn't work on the iPhone 6.

The screen is still to large and won't resize small enough or allow you to scroll to get to where you need to be.

Apr 13, 2017 2:56 PM in response to Chris CA

Chris CA wrote:

Ferd II wrote:

You can force the mobile device to use the desktop site, but it is not worth trying on an iPhone screen.

User uploaded file

Doesn't work on the iPhone 6.

The screen is still to large and won't resize small enough or allow you to scroll to get to where you need to be.

I may not have used the same words, but I attempted to make the same point. 😁

User uploaded file

how do I add a group to contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.