Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add photos to iPad using iTunes or....

Hello everyone..I have been trying to send some pictures from my mac to my iPad with no luck.

Simply cant. I have read all options discussed but cant locate photos tab on iTunes when the iPad is connected via USB

User uploaded file

i dont want to activate the cloud since last time it attempted to send 19 k pictures to my ipad...insane.. Could anyone help me solve this Apple mystery??

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2017 12:11 PM

6 replies

Apr 14, 2017 5:26 AM in response to AndreSoria

I use Photo Stream continuously to sync images between my Mac, phone and iPad. Not sure how many will transfer if you enable it now, probably the last few hundred, but it's worth a try.

On each device, go to Settings > Photos (may be under iCloud). Enable My Photo Stream, nothing else. Turn on wifi then the pictures will sync.

Photo Stream holds up to 1000 images for 30 days after which the oldest images drop off. If you want the photos permanently on the iPad, do some small edits. The app will tell you to copy; after editing the photos go to Camera Roll.

User uploaded file

Apr 13, 2017 2:14 PM in response to AndreSoria

O.K., I see. It is not possible to use iTunes Photo Sync, if your iPhone or iPad has iCloud Photo Library enabled. Do you really need iCloud Photo Library on your iPad?

if you download all photos from your iPad to your Mac, then disable iCloud Photo Library on the iPad, you can use again iTunes to sync albums to your iPad.

If you want to use iCloud Photo Library on the iPad and store your photos in iCloud, your Mac would also need to use iCloud Photo Library. And then you will need enough storage to accommodate your complete Photos Library.

How to add photos to iPad using iTunes or....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.