Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Photos app icon from iPhone

For some reason the Photos App icon is now missing from my iPhone 6s Plus. This happened once

before and the icon had accidentally moved into a folder. I checks all possible folders on my iPhone and none

have the Photos app. The only way to find the Photos app now is to search for it in the "search" field.

Posted on Apr 13, 2017 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2017 1:26 PM

Macmakesense wrote:

The only way to find the Photos app now is to search for it in the "search" field.

If this search actually does find the Photos app, then it is once again in a folder. There is no other possibility, as the Photos app cannot be deleted.

You may instead do Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout if you wish.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2017 1:26 PM in response to Macmakesense

Macmakesense wrote:

The only way to find the Photos app now is to search for it in the "search" field.

If this search actually does find the Photos app, then it is once again in a folder. There is no other possibility, as the Photos app cannot be deleted.

You may instead do Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout if you wish.

Missing Photos app icon from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.