Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Approve My iPhone From Computer?

I just updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 10.3.1. I'm continually prompted to "Update Apple ID Settings."

I enter my iCloud password, then I enter my phone passcode. Finally, I receive an "Approve This iPhone" message that prompts me to approve the phone from another device. The only other device I have is my Macbook. I can find no away to approve the phone from my Macbook. Nothing pops up, no code and no area to enter a code.

The only other option I seem to have is resetting my protected data, but I'm not sure exactly what will be lost when I do that. What should I do?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2017 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2017 2:21 PM

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option.

12 replies

Sep 26, 2017 4:17 PM in response to daddy_786

If you have a mac, go to its spotlight search, type in iCloud, sign in from there, enable Keychain where you'll need to generate 4 digit code for your keychain security. Retry on your phone for the approval step again from the start, once you've entered appleid password, phone passcode then it'll ask for keychain code and that should approve your phone.

How Do I Approve My iPhone From Computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.