Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

-2003F

I deleted the disk and I wanted to wipe up my whole computer, I did command+r when I rebooted, but it says "-2003F and apple.com/support"

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 13, 2017 8:17 PM

7 replies

Apr 13, 2017 9:01 PM in response to Flvris

Flvris wrote:

What if I don't have another Mac??

You have a few options…

• Keep trying until it works
  • Find another wifi or ethernet network to eliminate the network as the problem
  • See if an NVRAM or SMC reset alters anything
  • Visit an Apple Store (make a genius bar appointment), they could
    • Make a USB installer for you
    • Allow you to use their network
    • Or otherwise help fix the issue
  • Contact Apple & see if you have warranty
  • Find a third party if Apple have no stores or service centres near you.

Apr 13, 2017 8:41 PM in response to Flvris

How did you wipe the disk?

If you have erased the recovery partition it will need to use internet based recovery. That needs a good wifi connection (or an ethernet dongle).

Keep rebooting with cmd+alt+R held down. Wait for an error like your image before powering off and retrying. Eventually you may be able to get into internet recovery mode (it can be a slow boot process to download the recovery OS - about 1GB) so be patient. Reformat the disk with Disk Utility & then install the OS (which also downloads around 6GB of data).

You can try cmd+r at startup too - that is to boot from the recovery partition on disk. If that fails you must have managed to erase that part of the disk, it will fail back into internet recovery if that is the case.

If you have other Macs you can download the OS from the store & make a USB bootable installer via diskmakerX.com or via Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

-2003F

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.