Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect Apple TV to my Panasonic SA-BT230 Blu-ray surround sound system for audio?

My Blu-ray player (Panasonic SA-BT230) has a connected surround sound home theater speaker set up. It has HDMI and two audio in optical ports. My TV has HDMI and optical. My Apple TV is 3rd gen.

I've tried several different configurations of optical and HDMI connections between Apple TV and TV and Blu-ray player and am having no luck. Is it possible? If so, suggestions?

Posted on Apr 14, 2017 11:57 AM

4 replies

Apr 17, 2017 10:57 AM in response to annegarber

The Apple TV has an optical audio out.

Connect the optical out on the Apple TV to the optical in on your surround sound system and connect the HDMI out on the Apple TV to the optical in on the TV.

If that doesn't work it may be that the surround sound system can't handle all types of audio, you should then try adjusting the surround sound and Audio out settings on the Apple TV, if that doesn't help something is broken somewhere.

Can I connect Apple TV to my Panasonic SA-BT230 Blu-ray surround sound system for audio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.