Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant see some applications in my apple watch app

Apple Watch, watchOS 3.2

Posted on Apr 14, 2017 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2017 9:25 AM

Hi

The WhatsApp Messenger app for iPhone does not include an app for Apple Watch, but it is still possible to reply to incoming message notifications using quick replies.

How notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, you will receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch screen is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notifications on your watch.
  • If your watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, notifications will go to your iPhone.
  • More information: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

In order to receive WhatsApp Messenger notifications on your Apple Watch, be sure to first enable notifications for that app on your iPhone:

Go to: Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp Messenger:

• Check that Allow Notifications is enabled.
  • Check that Show in Notification Centre is enabled.
  • Check that Show on Lock Screen is enabled.
  • If desired, also enable Sounds and Badge App Icon.

Once those settings have been enabled, to configure your Apple Watch to mirror notification alerts from WhatsApp Messenger:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications > scroll down to the list of apps > turn on the button next to WhatsApp Messenger.

If you have not yet done so, it may also help to install any available update for WhatsApp Messenger (via the App Store app > Updates tab).

If either third-party app is not working as expected, then I suggest that you consult the developer's support resources and/or contact the developer for assistance:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2017 9:25 AM in response to Hashmo

Hi

The WhatsApp Messenger app for iPhone does not include an app for Apple Watch, but it is still possible to reply to incoming message notifications using quick replies.

How notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, you will receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch screen is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notifications on your watch.
  • If your watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, notifications will go to your iPhone.
  • More information: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

In order to receive WhatsApp Messenger notifications on your Apple Watch, be sure to first enable notifications for that app on your iPhone:

Go to: Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp Messenger:

• Check that Allow Notifications is enabled.
  • Check that Show in Notification Centre is enabled.
  • Check that Show on Lock Screen is enabled.
  • If desired, also enable Sounds and Badge App Icon.

Once those settings have been enabled, to configure your Apple Watch to mirror notification alerts from WhatsApp Messenger:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications > scroll down to the list of apps > turn on the button next to WhatsApp Messenger.

If you have not yet done so, it may also help to install any available update for WhatsApp Messenger (via the App Store app > Updates tab).

If either third-party app is not working as expected, then I suggest that you consult the developer's support resources and/or contact the developer for assistance:

Apr 15, 2017 10:33 AM in response to Hashmo

Hi Hashmo,

BBM messenger is compatible with Apple Watch, you can reply messages and check messages on your Apple Watch. You may need to open the BBM app on your Apple Watch for the first time to do some initial setups.

Unfortunately, WhatsApp Messenger does not offer Apple Watch app, you will not be able to install WhatsApp on your Apple Watch, but you can still see the notifications on your Apple Watch, but you can't reply the message through your watch.

By default, your Apple Watch notifications are set up to mirror your iPhone settings. If you receive a notification from WhatsApp on your iPhone and your watch notifications mirror your iPhone, you'll see WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch too. If you don't see the notifications on your watch , please follow the steps below

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone (then tap the "My Watch" tab at the bottom)
  2. Tap "Notifications",
  3. You can turn on the notifications. Scroll down to the "Mirror iPhone Alerts From" section and turn on the setting next to the app (such as BBM, WhatsApp)

Also, sometimes you don't see the notifications, it may because you silent your Apple Watch. Please check the settings below too.

(From Apple Support)

Make sure that your Apple Watch and iPhone are connected. If your devices disconnect, your notifications go to your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.

You should also check the settings on your Apple Watch. When your Apple Watch locks or you turn on Do Not Disturb, your notifications go to your iPhone.

• When your Apple Watch is locked, User uploaded file appears on the watch face. If your Apple Watch has a passcode, it locks automatically when you aren't wearing it, when it loses contact with your skin, or while it's charging.
  • When Do Not Disturb is on, User uploaded file appears on the watch face. To turn this feature on or off, swipe up on the watch face, then tap User uploaded file.

Support Article :https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204791

Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online and talk to an Apple Technical Advisor. Get started

Apr 15, 2017 12:21 AM in response to Hashmo

Hi Hashmo,

Not all the application on your iPhone support Apple Watch system (WatchOS). Only compatible applications will show in the Watch app. You can install or uninstall the app through the watch App.

Check out this article to learn more about your Apple Wahch

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204784

More questions? Reply to me I'll get back to you as soon as I can or simply visit http://Apple.co/CAS to talk to an Apple advisor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.