Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 Flashing apple logo

Hi,

I have an Iphone 7plus (7 months old) with the current update.

For about 24 hours i noticed the phone charging chime activating even when phone was not connected to anything.

Then last night whilst using phone my screen went blank the apple logo appeared and starting alternating between the blank screen and logo being desplayed.

I pressed the sleep button and volume down button and the connect to ITunes screen came up.

I connected phone to macbook and opened ITunes and phone went into recovery mode and I clicked on update phone without losing content..

My phone serial number appeared, so i know itunes was able to communicate with phone but when it went into update the 4013 error code appeared telling me it could not carry out update.

I then attempted to restore phone (reluctantly due to I use my phone for BUSINESS USE I will lose a **** of information..I have backed up the phone a month ago but since then I have added a lot into the phone)

The restore was unsuccessful and came up with the same error code.

Do you have any advise before taking it to an apple store?

And is it possible to retrieve information off phone in this situation?

GGRRRHH!!!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 15, 2017 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2017 6:34 PM

No, it's not possible to retrieve info at this stage.

Important: Your Mac iTunes must be version 12.5.x or later to update.

Read here:

Try to update your iOS device again

If your iOS device disconnects during the update or restore or if iTunes couldn't tell the device to restore, you might see one of these messages:

• The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4005).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014).

Try these steps:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Force your device to restart:
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
    • On iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  3. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
  4. When iTunes asks you to update or restore, click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS and keep your personal data.

If you still need help, try these steps

If you can update, but your device starts up in recovery mode, follow the steps above again. On step 4, choose Restore instead of Update. After the restore completes, you need to set up your device from a backup.If you continue to see an error during the update:

1. Check for updates to your Mac or PC. If you restart your computer for an update, check for updates again after you restart.
  2. Try to restore your device using another USB cable.
  3. Try to restore your device on another computer.

If you continue to see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you try to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, contact us.

Learn more about other update and restore errors.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2017 6:34 PM in response to Mappple

No, it's not possible to retrieve info at this stage.

Important: Your Mac iTunes must be version 12.5.x or later to update.

Read here:

Try to update your iOS device again

If your iOS device disconnects during the update or restore or if iTunes couldn't tell the device to restore, you might see one of these messages:

• The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4005).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014).

Try these steps:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Force your device to restart:
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
    • On iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  3. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
  4. When iTunes asks you to update or restore, click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS and keep your personal data.

If you still need help, try these steps

If you can update, but your device starts up in recovery mode, follow the steps above again. On step 4, choose Restore instead of Update. After the restore completes, you need to set up your device from a backup.If you continue to see an error during the update:

1. Check for updates to your Mac or PC. If you restart your computer for an update, check for updates again after you restart.
  2. Try to restore your device using another USB cable.
  3. Try to restore your device on another computer.

If you continue to see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you try to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, contact us.

Learn more about other update and restore errors.

Apr 18, 2017 10:32 PM in response to Mappple

I have resolved my problem....

I went to Apple Store Sydney on public holiday Monday to have it looked at, and it turns out the partition in the memory of the phone was faulty..

Apple replaced my phone due to it been still in warranty no questions asked.

I have had IPhones since IPhone 3 came out and never had an issue with one until this weekend..

Only waited an hour to have phone looked at (no prior booked appointment) on a busy public holiday at Apple store

Great service.

thanks to the ppl responding to question

Apr 19, 2017 4:40 PM in response to gi_deleon

Hi gi_deleon,

Corner edges of phone had some marks , but i believe if phone has a minor defect physically it should not be an issue with warranty..

If you went in with a cracked screen and wanted a new phone or screen replaced its obvious they wont warrant that.

Im guessing if you have a cracked screen and have the same issue as me, they would still be able to determine issue is unrelated and replace phone..(maybe partitions in memory have been a common issue recently)

If phone was run over by a truck or submerged in liquid different story im guessing..

Cheers

Iphone 7 Flashing apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.