Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

To the O.P asking about image altering on export to .doc

There are of course two ends to this translation issue.

I have done my own tests with known images and files.

I took an image of known good quality at 288dpi placed it in a Pages 6.1 document retaining the size to maintain the resolution:

User uploaded file

I exported 3 versions:

1. Word .doc

2. Word .docx

3. PDF at Best setting

I opened all 3 again in Pages (the PDF also in Preview) and there was no change in colour rendering, quality or resolution. So determined that Pages has not altered anything in the export.

I do not have MsWord on my Mac, not that it would have helped because you won't tell us what you are opening your files with so impossible to match.

I did open both the .doc and the docx with LibreOffice which is a clone of MsWord and uses the same or reverse engineered procedures as MsWord. The images are pixelated to what looks like screen resolution i.e. ¼ of the actual image and it seems to be ignoring the colour management:

User uploaded file

To check if this was purely an onscreen problem, I then resaved that opened .doc file from LibreOffice to reopen that version in Pages 6.1 and the image is the same high resolution color managed image as originally placed in Pages. I also printed it to pdf which is the same as sending it to a physical printer, reopened that pdf in Preview and it also is unaltered, high resolution and colour managed:

User uploaded file

Conclusion: Pages is doing absolutely nothing to the image on export, and LibreOffice is also not altering the image but it is not rendering it correctly onscreen, which probably is also the case in MsWord. Unless whoever your printer is, has some really awful RIP on his printer then it should print OK. IF, and this is a huge IF, your original images are actually good enough to print.

If you had answered my questions we could have resolved this earlier and I would not have had to do all the work for you.

You seem determined to not co-operate but insist on a magic solution to what is not the problem.

Peter

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Apr 16, 2017 1:51 AM

1 reply

To the O.P asking about image altering on export to .doc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.