Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is MacBook Pro 2016 (Without touch bar) slower/less powerful than the 2015 Pro model? I was checking the Ghz-s (2.0Ghz and 2.7Ghz). Or the Ghz-s don't matter?

Is MacBook Pro 2016 (Without touch bar) slower/less powerful than the 2015 Pro model?

I was checking the Ghz-s (2.0Ghz and 2.7Ghz). Or the Ghz-s don't matter?

Posted on Apr 17, 2017 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2017 1:40 PM

GHz. for dual core CPU's between the m3, i5 and i7's is the m3 is the least powerful, followed by the i5, then i7.

On the other end is the quad core i7 which is an option on the 15" 2016 which can outperform faster "GHz." Dual Core CPU's that in tasks that were optimized for multi-core use. In many cases the quad cores are significantly better for video editing, print design, hi-res photo retouching, 3D and animation, and multi-track music recording and mixing. For day-to-day tasks like web-surfing you would see little or no benefit, in fact you would decrease battery life powering the CPU. Most of the newer mac laptops sacrifice CPU power for longer battery life.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2017 1:40 PM in response to sander1231

GHz. for dual core CPU's between the m3, i5 and i7's is the m3 is the least powerful, followed by the i5, then i7.

On the other end is the quad core i7 which is an option on the 15" 2016 which can outperform faster "GHz." Dual Core CPU's that in tasks that were optimized for multi-core use. In many cases the quad cores are significantly better for video editing, print design, hi-res photo retouching, 3D and animation, and multi-track music recording and mixing. For day-to-day tasks like web-surfing you would see little or no benefit, in fact you would decrease battery life powering the CPU. Most of the newer mac laptops sacrifice CPU power for longer battery life.

Is MacBook Pro 2016 (Without touch bar) slower/less powerful than the 2015 Pro model? I was checking the Ghz-s (2.0Ghz and 2.7Ghz). Or the Ghz-s don't matter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.