Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 screen easily scratched

Hi, I noticed a hairline scratch within one week of purchase of my iPhone 7. I take care of the phone and keep it in a case. This has never been an issue on any iPhone I've owned, so not sure why the 7 is prone to screen scratches. My iPhone 6 stayed in my pocket for two years and there are no scratches at all. Something is definitely different - it does seem like a manufacturing defect. Plus, I've seen Apple discussion online and lots of people are complaining about this exact same problem. I'm very frustrated and disappointed.

Posted on Apr 18, 2017 2:56 PM

8 replies

Apr 30, 2017 3:53 AM in response to janekfromtampere

I unboxed it and decided to leave the film on as the case was also arriving on the day, I took the film off and cleaned the screen and notice a bump as I wiped , tilted to the sun and there it was ! I contacted the network provider too but nothing back yet so I googled to see if anyone else had the problem and boom ! thousands of hits about this model.

I'm thinking about sending it back and getting a standard colour, the black ones look rank after a few months.

iPhone 7 screen easily scratched

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.