Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote App not working

I have an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.2.1

I have the latest Apple TV running tvOS 10.2

Everything works perfectly fine.

I'm able to use AirPlay through my laptop and phone perfectly well.

The only thing I'm not able to do is add my Apple TV to the new Apple TV Remote App.

And yes both the devices are on the same WiFi.

Please Help!

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 18, 2017 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2017 5:04 PM

Try turning off phone and unplugging Apple TV from power then reboot modem/router after network is back online power on iPhone and reconnect Apple TV to power then try it. If you still have same issue can try from another iPhone/iPad, if it doesn't work from another device then the Apple TV needs to be restored, if it does work from another iPhone/iPad then the issue is with the phone and you should update it or backup and restore it

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2017 5:04 PM in response to nikhil.busted

Try turning off phone and unplugging Apple TV from power then reboot modem/router after network is back online power on iPhone and reconnect Apple TV to power then try it. If you still have same issue can try from another iPhone/iPad, if it doesn't work from another device then the Apple TV needs to be restored, if it does work from another iPhone/iPad then the issue is with the phone and you should update it or backup and restore it

Apple TV Remote App not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.