Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple plan to allow 3rd party apps to access the accelerometer? My wife had a seizure so I began to look for seizure detection watches, and I was surprised to find that Apple Watch did not support apps that could detect repetitive motion. There

Does Apple plan to let 3rd party applications to access the accelerometer?

Posted on Apr 18, 2017 5:15 PM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2017 5:21 PM in response to Applequi

Does Apple plan to allow access to accelerometer on the Apple Watch? My wife had a seizure so I began to look at seizure detection devices that could alert family members. I was surprised to find Apple Watch would not work with 3rd party apps to detect seizure activity. There are other wearable watches/bracelets that can do this. There is an app Seizalarm that works with the IPhone but must be worn on the arm at all times. Seizalarm reports that their app is ready to work with the Apple Watch but currently Apple does. Or allow 3rd party apps access to accelerometer.

Does Apple plan to allow 3rd party apps to access the accelerometer? My wife had a seizure so I began to look for seizure detection watches, and I was surprised to find that Apple Watch did not support apps that could detect repetitive motion. There

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.