Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apple watch band smells

How can I clean it?

Posted on Apr 19, 2017 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2017 9:00 AM

I have found a remedy for the stinky watch band. The cheese smell is coming from the metal circle that has the metal knub that fits into the watch band holes. Paint the metal circle with nail polish which will peel off by the end of the day or better yet, put a circle band aid over the metal circle(it won’t show). Problem is solved!!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2017 9:00 AM in response to Jenmarissal

I have found a remedy for the stinky watch band. The cheese smell is coming from the metal circle that has the metal knub that fits into the watch band holes. Paint the metal circle with nail polish which will peel off by the end of the day or better yet, put a circle band aid over the metal circle(it won’t show). Problem is solved!!

Apr 19, 2017 8:01 AM in response to Jenmarissal

If you are concerned about a potential manufacturing defect with your Apple Watch band, then contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider with a view to having it checked and, if recommended, replaced (under warranty, if eligible):

my apple watch band smells

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.