Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Page setup problem

My Page Setup paper size defaults to "Index card Letter 8.5 X 11in." (Does such a paper even exist?) I then click on this choice to change it to "US Letter," but this choice is available only under the "Index card Letter 8.5 X 11in." option. (The other options are "US Letter" and "US letter borderless.") No matter, as even after choosing "US letter" the "Index card Letter 8.5 X 11in" has once again appeared. I have also tried changing the default paper size in the Printers & Scanners Preferences pane, but US letter isn't even listed there, though US legal is. (!?!?)

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm printing to an HP Deskjet Pro 8720.

OS 10.12.4, Pages 6.1

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Apr 19, 2017 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2017 4:33 AM

Thank you, Carolyn! Resetting the printing system resolved the issue. I'm thrilled to see the demise of "Index card US letter 8.5 X 11in."

I couldn't make use of Peter's suggestion since that paper was listed above the custom line and so wasn't something I created. There was some digital mayhem in there somewhere.

Anywho, now I can print to US letter. Simple is better.

Jim

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2017 4:33 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thank you, Carolyn! Resetting the printing system resolved the issue. I'm thrilled to see the demise of "Index card US letter 8.5 X 11in."

I couldn't make use of Peter's suggestion since that paper was listed above the custom line and so wasn't something I created. There was some digital mayhem in there somewhere.

Anywho, now I can print to US letter. Simple is better.

Jim

Page setup problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.