Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp and microphone?

Hi,

I recently installed Windows 10 on my Mac Mini using Boot Camp. Everything worked fine, except when using Skype, I found that the microphone for input is not working. I tried using different microphones, but to no avail. Upon investigating, I opened up the 'Manage Audio Devices' tab, and found the microphone didn't even show up in the inputs tab. There was only 'Line-in (Disconnected)' and 'Digital Audio', with no spot for my Apple Earbuds. I tried showing disabled and disconnected devices, and it still did not show. I tried updating random drivers, but I don't see how that would have helped, and it really didn't.

One thing worth noting is that I didn't put in a Windows 10 code--just installed it without. I know some features are unavailable without paying for the code, but I've seen no indication of this.

I'm suspicious that it has something to do with the Boot Camp control panel, but I can't figure out what, and I may be wrong.

Can I please have step-by-step instructions on how to fix this?

I asked Microsoft and it was a nightmare....

Thanks!

Mac mini

Posted on Apr 19, 2017 3:25 PM

29 replies

Apr 24, 2017 3:02 PM in response to sqll

sqll wrote:

That depends on a few things:

How sure is that to fix the issue?

You have the Audio devices, but the Analog part is missing. This may or may not address the missing device.

Do I have to do anything different when using legacy BIOS mode? If so, what?

Will I have to reinstall everything? (Probably yes)

Did you use Alt/Option during the current installation? The 2014 Macs support W7, which is supported in BIOS mode, and is the default type of installation. Your UEFI installation seems to indicate otherwise. You will need to install all other applications, after you verify that Audio works properly.

Bootcamp and microphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.